Want to join me for the 1,000-mile/$1,000 dollar challenge in 2016?
Step-by-step we will reach 1,000 miles from January 1 to December 31, 2016 and save $1,000 in the process. The concept is simple, we track our mileage and aim for 1,000 miles over the course of 366 days (leap year) and deposit $1.00 for every mile we run into a jar or savings account.
While the concept is simple, the challenge is not. We will need the support of each other to stay motivated throughout the year and have accountability to get us out the door on the cold and rainy and hot and muggy mornings.
Want to join me?
It’s completely free. And I will provide you with the tools and support you need along the way. Joining is easy, simply:
- Sign up and “like” onemotherrunner on Facebook
- Use the password you receive when you sign up to download your free 1,000 mile annual planner and tracker
- Post your monthly mileage total on the onemotherrunner Facebook page by the 5th of every month
This isn’t a competition and there is no winner, the tracking is simply for accountability. Follow along on the One Mother Runner Facebook page for motivation, tips and support.
At the end of the challenge there will be an option to purchase a 1,000-mile challenge medal.
Why should you do it?
- To prove that you can
- To stay motivated throughout the year
- Tips and training advice
- Structured process and tool to log miles
- Help you obtain your fitness goals
- Join a community of other runners
- Share your experiences, woes and joys of running with others
- Make new friends
- $1,000 extra bucks by the end of the year!
- Because no matter how fast you are, you WILL be a winner!
- Because YOU can do it!