But everywhere I turn in seeking advice for reaching my goals in the New Year focus on saying “no.” Say “no” to sugar to lose weight. Save time by telling others “no.” “NO” carbs, soda, coffee, ack!
Focusing on the negative will not help us achieve our goals. Instead it focuses our energy on what we can’t have, rather than what we can.
It’s much more liberating to focus on the abundance of food and options that you do have, rather than what you don’t.
Try something new this year and trying saying yes to losing weight for good.
Say yes to:
- Drinking at least eight cups of water a day
- Eating lots of fruits and veggies
- Focusing on yourself for at least an hour of day doing exercise you love, whether it’s running, swimming, cycling, dancing or lifting weights
- Sleeping at least eight hours a night
- Decompressing everyday with mediation or yoga to de-stress the mind and body
- Indulging in a treat that you really crave
- Eating a wide range of food and not making any food off-limits
- Playing with your kids
- Doing something you love each and every day
The power of positive thinking will seep into every aspect of your life and bring you success in your health, happiness and family.
What are your goals for this year? Do you tend to focus on saying “yes” or “no?” I’d love to hear from you!